5K Run/Fun Walk
Las Vegas’ LARGEST* Chef’s Run
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Start Time 9:00 AM
Wayne Bunker Family Park
7351 West Alexander Road
Las Vegas, NV 89129
Every runner/walker receives a
long-sleeved t-shirt and goodie bag!
Plus, have a FREE pancake breakfast!
We are looking for sponsors to support this event. There are a number of different ways you can help:
- Run or walk in the event—register to walk or run in the event, either alone or with friends. Your organization could form a team to participate in the run/walk, or form several teams among different departments. Compete against each other or against other companies to have the best over-all finish. Registration is only $25 per person or $35 at packet pick-up and on the day of the event. For registering to run or walk you will receive a CFK Race long-sleeved t-shirt and a goodie bag! Download a race registration form here.
- Collect pledges from others for your participation—after you register for the race, ask friends and colleagues to pledge flat amounts or “per mile” amounts that will be donated to Chefs for Kids.
- Provide information, small gifts, snacks or coupons to place in the goodie bag.
- Sponsor race t-shirts—for a contribution of $500 your company logo will be placed on our 5K Chef’s coats. (Requests must be placed by Nov. 15, 2012)
- Sponsor a booth—sponsor an informational booth for $500, highlighting your organization’s mission and message to the community.
Write-up of most recent event:
Chefs for Kids (CFK) held its 3rd annual 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Walk on January 21, 2012 at Wayne Bunker Family Park. The event was advertised as Las Vegas’ LARGEST Chef’s Run! Over 300 runners and walkers braved the cold, windy morning to support Chefs for Kids’ nutrition education program. Participants received a beautiful, long-sleeved chef’s coat and hat, coffee from Farmer Brothers Coffee, fresh fruit from Winder farms, a free pancake breakfast, and raffle prize drawings along with trophies with little chefs on the top, plaques and certificates for the top three male and female overall, masters and age category winners. The Student Culinary Team members were there in chef’s uniforms with pots, pans and spoons cheering on and banging the pots at the start and finish of the race. They were a big hit with the runners. Participants included representatives from Nellis AFB and the Las Vegas Metro Academy besides us “regular” folk.
22nd Annual Chefs for Kids Dinner and Auction
Honoring Dr. Brian and Mrs. Kelly Iriye
Saturday, April 20, 2013
- 5:30 p.m. • Reception and Silent Auction
- 7:00 p.m. • Gourmet Dinner and Live Auction
The annual Chefs for Kids Gala is an evening filled with competitive bidding on both silent and live auction packages, fabulous gourmet food, and upbeat music. Participants meet for a reception and silent auction at 5:30 PM, followed by a gourmet dinner, raffle, and live auction by Christian Kolberg at 7:00 PM. The live auction allows attendees the opportunity to bid on special dinner packages offered by esteemed chefs from various hotels and restaurants in the Las Vegas Valley. Included in the black tie optional evening is dancing to the Big Band sounds of the renowned band, Harbor Lights. The Chefs for Kids event is well-known for its fun-filled atmosphere, and is attended by corporate sponsors, community leaders, and professionals from all parts of the community. Last year’s event raised over $70,000.00 and we hope to top $100,000.00 this year.
For more information contact Sue Lednicky at
702-257-5548 or e-mail email@example.com.