To Infinity and Beyond!
September 15, 2022
Elaine Wynn ES was all a buzz with smiles and praise during this month’s Cookin’ Up Breakfast program. The culinary team at MGM Grand Las Vegas cooked up a creative presentation of: The Rocket Rice Pudding with French vanilla, blueberry, and strawberry; Chicken & Waffles Skewers with sweet cream Belgium waffles, house made chicken sausage, maple glaze, and seasonal berries; and gluten free assorted muffins.
The kids were so excited to try these treats, many of which they’ve never had before (how old were you when you first tried rice pudding?!). Sounds of “mmm”, and “this tastes great, can I have more?” could be heard around the room. One kid summed it up pretty well by saying “This breakfast is delicious like 10 times infinity,” which prompted others to chime in “Like 100 times infinity,” or “Like 1 trillion billion times infinity.”However you want to say it, we’re infinity and beyond grateful to the teams of volunteers that helped put the smiles on these kids’ faces. A BIG THANK YOU goes out to:
- MGM Resorts International for their generous partnership to help fund the Cookin’ Up Breakfast Program.
- MGM Grand Las Vegas who donated and prepared the food, and to all their chefs who came out to help serve the food on site.
- Our faithful volunteers from ACF Chefs Las Vegas and CSN who also helped to serve the food.
- Anderson Dairy for donating the milk at each breakfast.
- Hospitality Culinaire for donating and serving fresh smoothies at each breakfast.
- And of course the teachers at University of Nevada, Reno Extension who not only help coordinate the breakfast, mingle with the students, but do the important work of teaching our students every month.
We are truly blessed to have you on our team! Here’s to many more breakfast events to infinity and beyond!
If your company wants to join in on the fun, we are always looking for more culinary partners to provide food donations and kitchen space for preparing the meals. E-mail email@example.com to learn more. Not in the culinary field? You can always make a donation in any amount to help fund our program!