Mango Milk Smoothie
Here’s a tip from the Pick a Better Snack program Chefs for Kids helps support via teachers in classrooms teaching nutrition to second and third grades in Title 1 schools. In January they learned about milk and ways to use it in their daily meals.
Get the health benefits of milk AND fruits and
veggies in this smoothie. You can use whatever fruit
and yogurt you have on hand. Frozen fruits make the
smoothie cold and thick. Yum!
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free or low-fat milk
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango (peeled and cut)
- 1 whole banana, preferably frozen (tip: Freeze overripe bananas instead of tossing them. Peel before freezing.)
- Handful of spinach leaves (optional and encouraged!)
- Blend in a blender until smooth.